Binghamton University Running Club
PROSPECTIVE BURC MEMBERS: We have a facebook group, and it's right here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/burunningclub/
Feel free to join the group, ask questions about various things, and get acquainted with the club early if you're set on joining. You can also contact e-board members using the e-mail addresses found under the "e-board/contact" link above.
WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE OF
THE BINGHAMTON UNIVERSITY RUNNING CLUB
Hello, and thanks for visiting our webpage. Feel free to look around to find out more about the club, its past, and get updates on what we're planning for the spring 2015 semester.
BURC Spring 2015
- 2/8 - Cornell FLRC Open: Open indoor track meet in Cornell, only $3 for entry.
Link can be found here.
- 2/21 - Harvard Club Meet: NIRCA indoor track meet out in Boston. Going will be dependant upon having enough interest in traveling to Boston.
- 3/1 - Cornell FLRC Open: Another open meet at Cornell.
- 3/7 - Main Street Mile: One mile road race through downtown Binghamton on Parade Day.
Both elite and open heats offered, with prizes offered for the winners. www.paradedaymile.com
- 3/21 - John McKenna Memorial 5k: Annual race hosted by Binghamton Crew. A good race with lots of BURC members and other students racing. binghamtoncrew.org/mckenna-5k
- 3/29 - Penn Relays: Race in Philadelphia which other club teams will be attending. More information as the date gets closer.
- 4/11 - NIRCA Nationals: Way out in Indiana this year, more details as the date gets closer.
- 4/17 - Cortland D3 Meet: This meet is mostly D3 teams, but will allow for open competitors.
- 4/25 - BURC Open: Our team track meet for the spring. We usually have several other club teams from the area come, and we have most of the typical track races
(though there is more of a focus on mid-distance and distance races). We also run the 4x200m banana relay at the end of the meet, in which each team
must finish a banana as they run the relay.
- 5/3 - Binghamton Bridge Run: Half marathon and 5k in the city of Binghamton. More info can be found here.
- 5/9 - Oneonta D3 Meet: Another D3 meet. Several of our runners attended last year and all came back with positive reviews.
BURC Brings 24 Runners to Nationals
Farthest Trip BURC has ever gone on yields mixed results, but lots of fun. Results: http://www.clubrunning.org/championships/
BURC Competes At NIRCA Northest Regional Championships
Mitchell Abrams and Jigar Gosalia take 5th and 6th in men's race to lead men's team to a 3rd place team finish; Victoria Dearing takes 12th in women's race to lead women's team to 5th place finish. Results: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7EYcIz_9pL2VVNpMnMtM3dndlU/view?usp=sharing
BURC Hosts BURC Open
Binghamton men's and women's team handily sweep meet; Mitchell Abrams and Victoria Dearing win races. Results: http://triplecitiesrunnersclub.org/y2014/BURC-Open.htm
BURC Has Solid Day at Binghamton Bridge Run, Medved 15 Miler
Dan Young 5th Overall in Half Marathon, Mitch Abrams and Jigar Gosalia go 1-2 in 5K while smashing previous PRs. Results are here. Meanwhile, a contingent of four women, including an old friend that recently transferred to NC State, competes in the Medved Madness 15 Mile Trail Race and subsequently encounters a Shiba Inu. Much jealous. Wow.